Who doesn’t love having long, thick eyelashes? If only there was a way to achieve the perfect lashes without using toxic glues needed for fake eyelashes or putting chemicals found in many types of mascara… Actually there are many natural ways you can make your eyelashes longer! This tutorial will show you some of the most effective in-home tricks to achieve the desired look.
- Both castor and olive oils are well known natural remedies that can do wonders for growing your eyelashes. They are rich sources of nutrients and contain beneficial antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. How to apply them: use a clean mascara brush and gently apply the oil on your lashes before you go to bed. Leave it on overnight, and then rinse it off with warm water in the morning. This should be your first step to enjoy thicker lashes.
- Lemons, and especially their peels, have many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, and folic acid that promote the growth of eyelashes. Cut a piece of lemon peel and place it in a bowl. Pour some olive or castor oil into the bowl until the lemon peel gets soaked. Allow it to sit for at least two weeks for the oil to get infused with the qualities of the lemon. Grab a clean mascara stick and apply the lemon-infused oil on your eyelashes before going to sleep. Wash it off with water the next morning.
- Another trick that can help you grow lustrous and voluminous lashes is to use petroleum jelly. How it works: put a few drops of petroleum jelly on a new mascara wand. Sleep with the petroleum jelly on your eyelashes and rinse it in the morning. The jelly will moisturize the eye lashes and prevent any dryness.
- Chilled green tea is another great method to make your eyelashes longer and thicker. Only in this case, you won’t drink it. Simply use a cotton swab to apply cool, unsweetened green tea on your lashes. Leave it on for several hours and then rinse with water.
- Massaging your eyelids increases blood flow, helps in better eyelash growth and prevents breakage of your lashes. For best results, gently massage your eyelids and lash line at least once a day.
- Intake of right nutrients and vitamins promotes eyelash growth. A proper and healthy diet includes fish, eggs, beans and yogurt.
- Just like the way trimming can make your hair grow faster on your head, trimming your eyelashes can also help in growing longer lashes. Use a cuticle scissors and carefully trim the tip of your eyelashes to help stimulate the follicles and help in growing the lashes back.
- In order to give your eyelashes time to recover from the damages, it is highly recommended to skip eyelash curlers for a while. As this tool involves pulling and placing pressure on your eyelashes, it can break them or cause them to fall out.