Do you ever wonder how certain girls always seem to look good no matter what they wear? They could be rocking just a tee shirt and jeans, but yet the outfit comes off as simply stylish. There is a simple explanation behind this. If you want to look stylish, you don’t need more clothes, you need more accessories. Accessories are any non-clothing items, including shoes, handbags, scarves and jewellery. Take a little black dress and add a spiky necklace and metallic heels, and voila — you’ve taken your look from nondescript to edgy urban chic.
Although it sometimes looks very easy to add accessories to any outfit, you don’t want to look inappropriate. A beautiful suit is all well and good, but if you wear it with the wrong shoes, tie or pocket square, you will ruin it irreparably. The accessories you choose have the ability to boost your whole outfit or create a horrible effect that can destroy all of your previous efforts. This is why you must choose your accessories carefully. Do not worry – this article will tell you a few important tricks to style your accessories with any outfit.
- When you choose accessories for your outfits you have to be very careful. When you want to wear patterns, prints or embroidered fabrics, your accessories must be kept simple. A cute silver necklace or gold earrings would do the trick. This way the emphasis will be on your clothes and the accessories will serve as an elegant touch that brings attention back to the items you wear. Alternatively, when your outfit is plain and simple, feel free to experiment with your most extravagant accessories.
- Neutral clothing can be completely transformed when you add a few bold accessories. If your wardrobe has a lot of neutrals like black, white, grey and navy, accessorizing gives you a chance to play with fun colours and give your outfits a boost. For example, you can pair up your beige dress with a blue or green belt. Freshen up your white blouse with a multicoloured statement necklace or big drop earrings. Add a pair of red high heels with your black skirt and you will look absolutely irresistible.
- Large earrings can be a great way to dress up a casual or formal outfit. They draw attention to your face and add sparkle.
- Scarves can be a great touch to your outfit, no matter the season. Scarves come in all sorts of lengths, colours, and even levels of heft, so they work with your outfit. Rectangular scarves are great for tying bows or just hanging down to give some colour. Circle scarves are easy to pull on and look adorable for cool weather while giving you that chic look. For summer, a well-folded silk scarf or classic cotton bandana can give the outfits you’ve been wearing a cute finish.
- Besides wrapping the scarf around your neck, consider making a hairstyle using this accessory. One of the hair trends that you should follow this season is the use of a scarf to spice up your ordinary hairstyles. Colourful scarves can add glamour to a neutral outfit, soften up a stark ensemble and can be styled in countless ways. They can make you feel, and look, like a beautiful goddess, a gypsy queen, a hippy heroine or even a 21st century fashion girl.
- Try layering your bracelets to easily add sparkle to an outfit. You can layer thick leather bracelets with dark studded pieces and chunky metal bracelets for an edgy, rocker look. When you want something a little more feminine, choose lighter colours with a mix of beaded pieces, gemstone bracelets, and thin bangles.
- Do not add too many accessories. If you’re wearing something sleeker, you can go a little bigger and bolder with a chunky cocktail ring or big, bright handbag. You simply can’t add a scarf, long earrings, big necklace, bold belt and sunglasses. You are going to overdo it and ruin the outfit. If you’re wearing an outfit that is big and voluminous, scale back on the accessories. Amazing outfits are all about balance. Accessories can add complexity and interest to a plain look, balancing everything out.