- Red – many people think of the red color as a dangerous color. And since it is considered to be like that, many women are afraid to buy and wear a red lipstick. And actually it turns out that women that wear it get way more attention than the other women. In a research done in France different colors of lipstick were put on waitresses. Guess what – at the end of the day the one wearing the red was the one that got much more tips than the others.
- The product that women buy the most – lipstick. And that is kind of normal – you only need 1 foundation at a time, but you need a couple of different lipsticks. A British make up company came out with the results, saying that women mostly buy red lipstick. The second most bought items are the smoky eye shadow kits.
- The all time icon and favorite woman, Marilyn Monroe used to only wear red lipstick. She had to put on 5 coats of it so that she could receive the most appealing and sexy results. Also that way the lipstick is way more long lasting.
- Another icon – Elizabeth Taylor – wanted to be the only one wearing red lipstick when staring in a movie. And why do you think that was – of course the person with red lipstick would get all the attention. And Elizabeth knew that well.
- During the renaissance the lipstick with a red hue in them were not only loved and worn by women. It turns out that men applied them too. Wondering why? They used them for more respect. Because their lips usually weren’t really visible because of their beards and mustaches. So by using some lipstick with a red hue they would get more attention and respect.
- During the times when the movies were black and white a red filter was used to achieve that. So the lips of the actors always looked blemished and didn’t pop. In order to make lips look good the make up artists had to use green lipstick. But that is all behind the scenes secret.
- The international diplomatist written statement says that the first ladies (of all the presidents in the world) can’t wear red lipstick on official business and events (which for them mean pretty much everything). They could only wear nudes and soft pinks. If the first lady ever crosses the statement there will be a huge international scandal.