Are you always on the look-out for new beauty hacks you can use to save time or improve your make-up game? From smudged mascara to wonky eyeliner or frizzy flyaways, there are plenty of obstacles to overcome in our daily hair and beauty regimes. If you are looking for beauty tips to save you time, money, and hassle, check out this fabulous collection of beauty hacks every girl should know!
- Tame flyaways by using a toothbrush! Trying to get a sleek bun or style can be frustrating when flyaway hairs refuse to co-operate. Spray some hairspray on your locks and use a clean toothbrush to tame those stray hairs – it will work better than a comb. Use the same method as the above flyaway step — spray the head of your toothbrush with hairspray to give your brow hairs some hold and brush them into place.
- One of the most iconic and secret formulas used for numerous beauty hacks is probably hidden in the back of your medicine cabinet – your Vaseline. It’s a miracle cream which can be used to fix virtually any beauty problem. Applying a small amount of Vaseline directly on your lashes helps them to grow longer, thicker, and stronger. Use a clean mascara brush to gently apply the Vaseline on your lashes before you go to bed. Leave it on overnight, and then rinse it off with warm water in the morning. This is an amazing way to naturally grow lustrous and voluminous lashes! Apply some Vaseline on your face, too! This way you won’t worry about clogged pores, acne or dry skin. No wonder Vaseline has been so popular for more than 140 years – and with a good reason.
- Prevent split ends when you sleep is especially important if you want to take care of your long hair properly. Even though sleeping seems peaceful enough, you don’t totally know what goes on when you shut your eyes and fall asleep. Don’t go to bed with tons of tangles in your hair that could only get worse while you’re tossing in the night. If you are comfortable sleeping with your hair up, then tie your hair into a loose loop on the very top of your head with a scarf or hair band.
- Using coconut oil is a wonderful natural way to make your hair soft, radiant, and healthy. What is more, coconut oil is rich in fatty acids that nourish and moisturize the scalp and hair. Scoop 2 tsp. coconut oil out of the jar, using a clean spoon, and put it into a glass cup. Use extra virgin coconut oil and, if possible, make sure that it’s organic and sustainably harvested. Pour the coconut oil around the top of your head, evenly distributing it on your hair, but you might want to avoid the scalp and roots unless your hair is especially dry. Do this as many times as needed.
- Get rid of ingrown hairs the natural way with an easy mask. To prepare this mask, you will need 3 aspirin tablets, 1 teaspoon honey, ½ teaspoon warm water, a bowl and a fork. Simply crush the 3 aspirin tablets to a fine powder using a pestle or a fork. Gradually add the honey and the warm water to create a paste. If you think the consistency is far too thick, add more water. After the mixture has blended well, apply it over the ingrown hairs using your fingertips. Make sure the temperature of the mask is not too hot. This mask also helps in reducing pimples and acne, so apply some on them too. Let it rest on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse the surface with water and gently pat the skin dry.
- There is nothing quite as frustrating as releasing your ponytail and discovering that ugly dent at the back of your head. Especially if you have gone to the effort of straightening your hair, the last thing you want to do is wear a ponytail that will leave a big dent in your hair like this! You possibly have tried different ways of styling your ponytail in order to get rid of this dent. In fact there is a solution to eliminate this problem and you will be surprised when you will see how simple it actually is. The only thing you need to do is to buy the “invisibobble” elastic band! These unique hair rings are traceless, better for your hair, without pulling it too much and prevent headaches!